Two Brothers Landscaping LLC is family owned and operated, providing commercial and residential lawn and landscaping solutions to the greater Raleigh Durham Triangle area. Based out of Southern Wake County, our service area includes Raleigh,Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina and Willow Springs.
Monday, June 17, 2019
A few tips from our friends over at SuperSod
Weeds Are Among Us
* Mowing is a no-brainer for suppressing weeds.
* Mow to break the weed life cycle. Mowing cuts off flower/seed heads and that stops weed seeds from making more weeds. Get yourself on a weekly mowing routine and don't let the weeds get ahead of you.
* Spray crabgrass when it's young because it's hard to kill when it's mature.
* Spray Trimec only on established turf that is rooted and has been mowed a minimum of three times.
* Mulch is a time-tested trick for suppressing weeds in flower beds. Spread it 2-4" thick and keep it 1-2" away from touching the trunks or stems of your plants. Say NO to volcano mulching.
* Hand weeding is relaxing, environmental friendly and pulling weeds up by their roots is satisfying. Hand weeding is therapy!