Tall Fescue will offer color all year round versus Bermuda, Zoysia and Centipede but here are some facts to keep in mind:
* In northern regions and areas of shade, Tall fescues are prone to thin out and form clumps, which requires overseeding every fall.
* Fine fescues need well-drained soil and do not stand up well to heat or heavy wear.
* It must be kept irrigated in the summer months.
* Fertilize it when it's most active.
* Mow it at the right height and at the right intervals throughout the year.